YouthAware Educational Theatre helps students and teachers navigate topics that might otherwise be difficult to approach in a classroom setting. Since 1986, YouthAware's age appropriate programs for grades K-12 have explored issues like HIV/AIDS education, peer pressure, substance abuse, dating violence, homophobia, stereotypes, race, gender expectations, and school safety. Our performances and Identity Matters Residencies are developed to address the ever shifting cultural and social landscapes of our times.
YouthAware programs support state-wide health and wellness curriculums and are designed to help schools and communities better understand matters of equity and inclusion in a safe, engaging format.
YouthAware Program Features
- Professionally trained teaching-artists who are cast to reflect our diverse audiences
- Original scripts commissioned by local playwrights
- Fully-staged productions
- Minimal site requirements for touring productions
- Low to no cost for tours or tickets
- Pre and post-play handouts for educators
- Facilitated post-play dialogues
- Workshops tailored to fit your communities’ needs
YouthAware Program Manager Nicole Meñez: email@example.com or 415.694.6160
Visit our Plays page to book a current YouthAware program online for your school.
Booking inquiries may also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on FaceBook