Interested in joining our teaching team?
NCTC has been a cornerstone of theatre education in San Francisco for over 40 years. Join the team and help us bring drama to the next generation of theatre-makers. We can’t wait to meet you! For the full position description, click HERE.
About Our Workshops:
NCTC Education provides weekly after-school workshops and in-school residencies for K-8 students in San Francisco schools. The fall semester runs September thru mid-December. After-school workshops take place Monday-Friday one hour per week (for 8-10 weeks) between 2:30-5 pm. In-school residencies vary on day, time, and hours. Preferably, Teaching Artists work 2-3 afternoons per week. All classes will be in-person and masked.
- Experience teaching youth ages 5 to 13
- After-school availability between 2-5 pm and Residencies availability between 9 am - 3 pm
- Reliable, team player, communicative, willing to learn new skills, friendly and outgoing
- Ability to travel to San Francisco school sites
- All Teaching Artists will complete a background check and must show proof of COVID vaccination and negative Tuberculosis (TB) test.
- B.A. or B.F.A. in theatre or performing arts preferred, but not mandatory with relevant experience
Our Teaching rate is $55-$60/hour (inclusive of prep time and travel). We also compensate for NCTC meetings and training.
To apply, please complete our Teaching Artist Application form.