PLAN A NEW ADVENTURE FOR YOUR AFTER SCHOOL STUDENTS!
How do you know if you like something unless you try it? Drama Explorer workshops give students a chance to explore dramatic play and acting techniques with a new exciting theme every session such as Underwater Adventures, Funky Fairy Tales, Heroes & Villains, or Time Travel.
Drama Explorer workshops provide supportive and creative environments for students to practice verbal and non-verbal communication skills, use their imaginations to make interesting choices, and connect with their peers while also developing their own unique voices.
Students meet once per week to play theatre games, work on vocal technique, create characters, and improvise skits.
NUTS & BOLTS
- Students are usually grouped as K-2, 3-5, 6-8. (We discourage workshops spanning more than two or three grade levels)
- Class size ranges from 8-16 students
- Workshops typically meet once a week for 8-10 weeks
- Our teaching artist needs a distraction-free room large enough for the students to stand in a circle.
- Each session focuses on a new theme and skills, so workshops may be repeated
FEES & FINANCIAL AID
Depending on the class size, length, and resources of the school site, Drama Explorer workshops range from $150-300 per student per session. We’ll work with you to provide a workshop that fits your budget. Scholarships and financial aid are available and individual payments from parents can be made through NCTC’s online registration site or schools can be invoiced at the end of the session. *DCYF school sites may be fully funded. Contact us at Conservatory@nctcsf.org and let’s discuss your school’s unique needs.