Have drama, will travel! We'll bring a drama workshop to your classroom and get everyone involved in the fun. Whether you're looking for a team-building experience, to work on public speaking, to get your students active or to just shake things up, we've got you covered.
With in-school Drama Explorer workshops, we can adapt our program to fit your needs and your students. Teachers and adminstrators can choose (1) our themed workshop which culminates in a sharing of skills for parents or classmates, (2) an introductory workshop which focuses on all-group activities and lots of games, or (3) with advanced planning, we can use drama to explore themes or topics you're covering in your curriculum. Fess are based on length of residency (usually anywhere from 6-12 sessions,) hours of instruction, type of workshop chosen and size of class. Let us know what you need and we'll come up with a workshop to fit your budget.
Why Should Students Explore Drama?
- builds confidence
- helps concentration
- helps develop language and communication skills
- encourages children to cooperate
- promotes empathy and helps children understand the world around them
- is an emotional outlet
- assists with physical development
- develops creativity
- nurtures friendships
- gives children an appreciation of arts and culture
- promotes creative problem-solving and decision making
- challenges you to think on the spot
- is FUN!
For more information, contact Conservatory Programs Manager Kathleen Lee at 415.861.6148 or Kathleen@nctcsf.org.
NCTC’s theatre education programs are supported in part by individual donors in addition to the following institutions: