hank you for your interest in working at NCTC. Please check below for various opportunities at our organization.
Theatre Designers, Technicians, and Stage Managers
TEACHING ARTISTS, AFTER SCHOOL DRAMA CLASSES
NCTC is currently hiring teaching artists for our after-school drama classes in elementary schools across San Francisco. Our curriculum is based in creative dramatics, and teaches skills such as focus, ensemble building, making bold choices and creative problem solving through theatre games, improvisations, character and scene work.
The hours of our after school drama classes are typically between 3-5pm, and most of our teaching artists work 2-3 afternoons per week.
- B.A. or B.F.A in theatre or other performing arts area, or equivalent experience
- Experience with youth ages 5 to 12, or willingness to be trained
- Ability to travel to school sites within the city of San Francisco (by car or on transit)
- Availability in the after-school hour range, at least one day per week
- Current theatre practitioner in the areas of acting, directing, or theatre creation
- Send an email to Stephanie Temple at firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you are interested in teaching for NCTC.
- Attach a resume that reflects your work in arts education and youth development. If you would like to send a performance resume, please send as a separate document.
- Well-qualified applicants will be contacted by phone for an interview—please do not call to confirm receipt of your application. We regret that we may not be able to send a response to every applicant
theatre Designers, Technicians, and Stage Managers
NCTC is regularly hiring designers (including scenic, sound, lighting, props, costumes), technicians, and stage managers for upcoming productions.
You may submit your cover letter and resume at any time to Stephanie Desnoyers, Production Manager, at StephanieD@nctcsf.org.